Ready to see some homes in person?
Before you contact a REALTOR® at the Beach here are a few questions to ask yourself.
- Are you qulified to buy?
- Do you have at least 10% and often 20% of the asking price to put down?
- Is your credit score at least 620?
- Our weekly open houses are a great 'no commitment' way to get a feel for leased land communities.
Ready to make an offer on a home?
Here is the information we will need from you to put on the sales contract:
- Full legal names of the buyer(s)
- Current home address.
- Best e-mail address and phone number to reach you at.
- The amount of money you are offering on the property.
- The amount of money you would like to put down as a "Good Faith Deposit/Earnest Money Deposit)
- How will you be paying for the home? Cash? Conventional Loan? Other?
- Do you wish to have a home inspection? - highly recommended.
- Do you wish to have a termite inspection? - not a bad idea.
- If purchasing a mobile home have you filled out the community application paperwork?
- How soon would you like to settle on the property and what specific date would work for you?
- Have you looked into home insurance? Many communities require it.
- Have you looked into flood insurance? Not always required but a good idea. It is much less costly if the current owners are willing to transfer their flood policy to you rather than have a brand new policy written up because of the cost of obtaining a new elevation certificate.
How expensive are Mobile Home closing costs?
These are some rough estimates for Mobile Home closing costs:
- 20K mobile home- approx $900 to $1700
- 50K mobile home- approx $1000 - $2000
- 80K mobile Home- approx $1500 - $3000
- 100K Mobile Homes- approx $3000 - $4000
Unexpected costs at the settlement table:
- Delaware DMV DOC FEE 3.75% of the sales price of the mobile home. Usually split 50/50 between buyer and seller.
- Pro-rated items such as propane left in a tank, pre-paid ground rent, sewer, water or taxes.
- DMV Title Fee: Usually less than $40
- Settlement Fee: $300
- Administrative Fee: $50
- Add approximately $400 for an appraisal if you are financing the purchase.