Ready to see some homes in person?
Before you contact a REALTOR® at the Beach here are a few questions to ask yourself.
- Are you qulified to buy?
- Do you have at least 10% and often 20% of the asking price to put down?
- Is your credit score at least 620?
- Real estate agents are not on salary. They don't get paid an hourly wage. Real Estate agents only make money to pay their bills when they actually sell something. If you are not qualified to buy or not in the mood to make a purchase in the relatively near future please do not schedule tours to see dozens of homes.
- Our weekly open houses are a great 'no commitment' way to get a feel for homes at the beach without tying up an agent if you are not in the mood to purchase in the near future.
Ready to make an offer on a home?
Here is the information we will need from you to put on the sales contract:
- Full legal names of the buyer(s)
- Current home address.
- Best e-mail address and phone number to reach you at.
- The amount of money you are offering on the property.
- The amount of money you would like to put down as a "Good Faith Deposit/Earnest Money Deposit)
- How will you be paying for the home? Cash? Conventional Loan? Other?
- Do you wish to have a home inspection? - highly recommended.
- Do you wish to have a termite inspection? - not a bad idea.
- If purchasing a mobile home have you filled out the community application paperwork?
- How soon would you like to settle on the property and what specific date would work for you?
- Have you looked into home insurance? Many communities require it.
- Have you looked into flood insurance? Not always required but a good idea. It is much less costly if the current owners are willing to transfer their flood policy to you rather than have a brand new policy written up because of the cost of obtaining a new elevation certificate.
How expensive are Mobile Home closing costs?
These are some rough estimates for Mobile Home closing costs:
- 20K mobile home- approx $1700
- 50K mobile home- approx $2700
- 80K mobile Home- approx $3500
- 100K Mobile Homes- approx $3800
Unexpected costs at the settlement table:
- Delaware DMV DOC FEE 3.75% of the sales price of the mobile home. Usually split 50/50 between buyer and seller.
- Pro-rated items such as propane left in a tank, pre-paid ground rent, sewer, water or taxes.
- DMV Title Fee: Usually less than $40
- Settlement Fee: $300
- Administrative Fee: $200
- Add approximately $300 for an appraisal if you are financing the purchase.